Thursday, August 23, 2012

And When I say I'm Blank . . .


The state of being “blank” is always considered (as one of my close friend puts it) desirable, for when you are experiencing it, you are relieved of the mundanely plans that fill your mind or the urge to be unprecedented, guess that would be my brain’s version of taking a vacation(on the contrary I think it is always on one). I have always wanted to experience and understand going through the phase and now when I am actually going through the phase, savoring it doesn’t seem much plausible. It is but fascinating that how an amalgamation of random thoughts and emotions keep popping and vanishing in a jiffy. It starts with a bunch of mathematical equations and leads to that cute girl from college you have always wanted to ask out (or talk to), an errand you promised to do but never did or that moment of desired solitude you felt mentally while being physically present among a group of friends. Endless dialogues in a soliloquy.

I read somewhere that Aquarians live in the future(I might not personally advocate the mass delusion of astrology but then who wants to risk it), maybe that is one of the reasons I try to keep my thoughts as optimistic as possible, but to think what would your version of remedy be if your mind is no more able to dispense any thoughts at all, the one entity that you thought to be the requisite of your daily routine has been snatched away but surprisingly there aren’t any feelings of bereftness and these course of events then leave you flummoxed as you now no longer possess the skills of either comprehension or articulation , you cannot help it.

So, being now aware of my helplessness, I lit one of my cigarettes and focused on the irony of the situation as I was going through the Statutory Warning on my pack and the music player in my phone started playing “Stayin' Alive” by the Bee Gees.

No comments:

Post a Comment