Saturday, April 13, 2013

Liberation


I splashed my face quite a few times ,maybe there was something more than sleep that I wanted to get rid off but water cannot help you wash away despondency to which I was newly acquainted with, it’s  such a strange place to be in where fey things point and laugh at your unusual ways of dealing with the daily facts, unusual ways of finishing chores, unusual ways of being unusually unusual. I found the mirror but the image wouldn’t follow, it points and bursts into mute fits of laughter, I found it quite comical too.

There were earthen chains bounding his feet and his hands were cracked, he had bloodshot eyes and I could see the amount of pain in his mirth, the crackling of chains but I could hear and they made it sound like the saddest music that my ears had ever witnessed. I cried with him until I ran out of tears and  till my eyes were in acute pain and my throat was parched.

I assumed a fault and I asked him the reason, he mouthed that birth was the cause there was no other treason, he knelt and begged to set him free but I realized my helplessness, I was weaker than I ever could be. I just closed my eyes and heard so many voices ,many of foes, many vices but amongst all one was the most firm, it was the call of the morning bird which nests on the tree beside my window, it bellowed the dark away and beckoned me with authority, I followed it and it took me to a pool whose surface jeweled with clarity. I drank to my heart’s content, my throat was no more parched. I looked into the pool and the man returned a smile , he then stood and spread his arms again and I dived.

No comments:

Post a Comment